With the EF 50mm f/1.8 STM lens you can easily produce more artistic and impactful photography thanks to a wide f/1.8 aperture that produces sharp focus on your subject and a beautiful blurred background.
The wide f/1.8 aperture of the EF 50mm f/1.8 STM gives you the ability to bring your subject into sharp focus and blur the background. Photographers refer to this as a ‘narrow depth of field’ and makes your subject stand out which is great for portraits, as people become the clear focus of your shot.
The wide f/1.8 aperture lets in more than 8x the amount of light compared to the standard zoom lens that is provided with your EOS*. This results in sharper images with less motion blur and reduced need to use flash in dimly lit conditions so you can easily capture the atmosphere of a low light environment.
The 50mm focal length allows you to fill the frame with your subject from a comfortable distance making it a great lens for portraits. A similar perspective to the human eye and its compact size make the EF 50mm f/1.8 STM a great everyday lens to always carry with your EOS camera.
The near-silent STM (Stepping Motor) technology focuses extremely quickly when shooting photos, so you can react suddenly to capture fleeting moments. Creating high quality movies is easier with STM as it delivers steady and quiet continuous focusing, so your movies are smooth, and soundtracks only capture the surrounding sounds and not the noise of a focusing motor.
The EF 50mm f/1.8 STM replaces the popular EF 50mm f/1.8 II lens which was affectionately known for giving outstanding picture quality at an affordable price. This latest version gives the same stunning photo quality but with a fast, near-silent focus motor and a more robust build that belies its price.
A lens hood prevents stray light from entering your lens, keeping unwanted glare from affecting your photos.
A protective soft case designed for your EF 50mm f/1.8 STM.
Protects the front element of the lens. Included in the box.Shop Now (UAE only)
This rear cap protects your Canon lens when it's not being used. Also compatible with other EF and EF-S lenses. Included in the box.
Click below to leave your review for the EF 50mm f/1.8 STM
Four alternative lenses to the EF 50mm f/1.8 STM selected by our lens experts.
• Portable pancake design
• Smooth, quiet STM focusing
• Fast f/2.8 maximum aperture for low-light shooting
• Close focus to 0.3m
• Fast, quiet AF for pin-sharp results
• Great image quality right across the frame
• Fast f/1.4 aperture
• Standard 46° angle of view
• USM focus motor with full-time manual focus override
• 45cm closest focusing distance
• Aspherical lens element
• 58mm filter size
• Fast f/1.8 aperture
• Short/medium telephoto lens
• USM focus motor with full-time manual focus
• 85cm closest focusing distance
• 58mm filter size
• Super Spectra coatings reduce ghosting and flare
• Get close to distant subjects, like wildlife and sport
• Smooth, quiet STM focusing when shooting movies
• Image Stabilizer reduces blur from camera shake
• Lightweight, compact design you can take everywhere
• Easy-to-use design that delivers superb image quality