1. Canon Middle East FZ-LLC (“Canon”), plans to operate a proportional campaign, entitled “FOOD FOR CAUSE” between on 15th of April 2021 and 23:59 on 15th May 2021 inclusive (“Campaign”) to coincide with the Islamic annual observance of Ramadan.
2. The Campaign invites all entrants (“Participants”) to submit one image of food with their entry. Canon shall moderate all entered images and will select from valid entries certain images to appear on Canon’s social media channels. By entering the Campaign, Participants are deemed to have agreed to be bound by this declaration (“Declaration”), unless notified otherwise in writing.
3. For the first 5000 images submitted by Participants using the Campaign link, Canon shall donate $US1.00 to its chosen charities, up to a total value of $US 5000, using the services of Dubai Care. The Campaign permit number IACAD is 3780.
4. Hypemarks, Inc trading as “TINT” is the Canon appointed agency managing the Campaign to facilitate the process of collected the required information and entries including personal data.
5. All Participants must (i) resident in Canon Middle East countries (United Arab Emirates ,Bahrain,Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia , Syria ,Yemen ,Palestinian) at the time of participation in the Campaign (ii) be aged 18 or over and (iii) hold a valid passport.
6. By taking part in this Campaign, through a Participant submitting an image, Participant hereby:
8. Image size should be 150DPI, 2000 px along the longest side. Participants must not upload images which have been previously published or won an award or prize via a promotion run by the Promoter or any other entity.
9. You also agree to be contacted by Canon for the purposes of administrating the Campaign or in the event that Canon Group wishes to discuss any other use of the picture submitted to the Campaign.
10. By submitting its entry, the Participant warrants that:
11. Canon warrants that it shall act within the scope of the rights granted under and/or in accordance with the Declaration.
12. No responsibility can be taken for entries which are lost, delayed, corrupted, damaged, misdirected, or incomplete or which cannot be delivered for any technical, delivery or other reason. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt. Canon does not guarantee continuous or secure access to the entry page.
14. Any and all personal data supplied for the running of this Campaign will be used solely for the purpose of this Campaign and, if applicable, for marketing purposes by the Canon and/or any Canon Group companies and/or by any agent appointed by it to assist with running the Campaign on behalf of the Canon and will not be disclosed to a third party for any other purpose unless your positive consent has been obtained.
15. Canon together with TINT and/or any associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this Campaign or the participation by any Participant in the Campaign, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
16. In the event of a dispute over interpretation or implementation of the rules on any matter related to the Campaign, the decision of the Directors of Canon is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
17. If any part of the Declaration is found by a court of competent jurisdiction or other competent authority to be invalid, unlawful or unenforceable, then such part shall be severed from the remainder of the Declaration, which shall continue to be valid to the fullest extent permitted by law.
18. Bulk entries from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted.
19. In the event of a discrepancy between the Declaration and the details in any promotional material, the details in the Declaration will prevail.
As you are a participating consumer, laws of your country of residence will apply to this Campaign, and You may be entitled to bring court proceedings in your own language and in your local courts. A local consumer advice organization will be able to advise you on your rights. These Terms do not restrict any statutory rights that may be applicable.