The Canon AKTASHIF Program is an annual creative careers competition. It is for all youth between the ages of 14 and 25 residing in the Middle East. This program will help you turn your passion for photography, videography or printing into a rewarding career.
Between June and December 2020, Canon will release four different modules. Collectively, these modules will lead you through the process of designing and launching a successful business. Participants who complete all four modules by 29 December 2020 will be eligible to win the Grand Prize.
Unleash Your Creative Career Module
This is the final of four program modules. If you haven’t completed the other three program modules yet, you can access them on the program website. The other three modules are:
- Module 1: Discover Your Creative Voice
- Module 2: Start Your Creative Journey
- Modue 3: Pursue Your Creative Passion
This competition is about your dreams for your future career. What do you want to do? Who do you want to become? How will you tell that story to the world? This module challenges you to create a website for your creative business. Your website should describe your business, showcase your best work and entice customers to hire you.
Creating a website for your business is an essential step in the process of launching your creative career.
What’s the first thing you do when you hear about a new business? If you’re like most people, you look them up online!
When people hear about your business and want to learn more, they’ll search for you online too. If you don’t have a professional web presence, you’ll be losing out on a lot of opportunities. A great website can help you convert prospects into paying customers.
To enter the competition, upload the following deliverable through the submission form on the program website no later than 11:59 PM GST on 29 December 2020:
- A website for your business (Submission Format: A URL)
- Submissions in English and Arabic will both be accepted.
Canon will select three winners for the Unleash Your Creative Career Module to receive:
- A first, second or third place award
- An M50 Canon camera
- Their work featured on Canon’s social media channels
At the end of the program, Canon will select one Grand Prize winner. Participants who complete all four modules by 29 December 2020 will be eligible to win the Grand Prize, which includes:
- 15,000 AED cash prize
- 15,000 AED worth of Canon products
- A year-long membership at a local entrepreneurship incubator where the winner can launch his or her businesses
A panel of photographers, printers and other creative professionals will assess your business website based on the following criteria:
- Professionalism: Does the graphic design of the site (e.g., layout, font choices, color palette, etc.) communicate an overall message of expertise and authority?
- Content: Does the website showcase your product or service through images and language in a persuasive manner?
- User Experience: Is the website’s navigation intuitive (e.g., working links, consistent layouts, etc.)?
Submit your work through the submission form on the program website.
Email email@example.com with questions.