Our products, services and solutions help customers save resources in many ways. A Managed Print Service identifies savings customers can make around their print environment, while Canon Business Services goes beyond print and document management services to focus on the management of information and media and digital processes across multiple channels.
Paper: Product functions and software solutions help our customers manage their printing needs while saving resources.
- Setting default duplex printing (double-sided) saves up to 50% of paper. Under the European Union Voluntary Agreement (EUVA) signed by Canon, default duplex printing has been set on all devices in scope with this function since 1 January 2012.
- Printing two or more pages on each side of the paper (2 in 1, 4 in 1, N-up printing) saves even more paper. Under the EUVA, N-up printing is a standard feature.
- Setting black and white as default avoids wasting ink.
- Using secure printing (when the document owner is identified at the printer) stops discarded prints building up on the printer, including confidential documents, and improves information security.
- Sharing documents digitally – not printing at all – saves even more paper. Find out about Canon’s document solutions.
- Some Canon PIXMA devices have an eco setting which shows users how much paper, energy and CO² they save using correct output settings.
We follow a responsible paper procurement policy, including offering 100% recycled paper options, and are currently working towards FSC (Forest Stewardship Council®) and PEFC (Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification) certification. Certified and recycled paper grades accounted for 73% of combined Océ and Canon paper sales in 2011. All paper suppliers are assessed for compliance with the EU Timber Regulation
Ink: On PIXMA models, individual ink tanks mean less wasted ink as each tank can be replaced separately. Both PIXMA and some of our large format printers (LFP) use water-based inks. As these contain no solvents, they have a low environmental impact. The LFP ink tanks also have a sub-tank that ensures the ink cartridge is completely used before replacement and there is an economy mode for less colour critical prints, saving around 20% ink on average.
Three Océ ColorWave wide format printers use CrystalPoint technology, where waste from the TonerPearls™ is solid and can be disposed of in normal office waste. Find out more about our PIXMA models, our large format printers and our Océ ColorWave printers.
Toner: Our laser toner cartridges can be fully recycled, constantly re-using resources for maximum efficiency. Find out about our laser toner cartridge recycling programme, which operates in 18 European countries. In 2013, we launched a European inkjet cartridge collection programme in 15 countries.
Remanufacturing: Find out how Canon gives multifunction printers a second life by remanufacturing.
Find out about Canon’s obligations for end of life products.
See Canon’s definition of remanufacturing.